Apply For Asylum Or Get Effective Defense If Deportation Is A Threat
Asylum seekers come to the attention of attorney Priscilla Higuera from a variety of circumstances. Depending on your situation, you may need to apply for defensive or affirmative asylum.
From law offices in La Jolla in the San Diego metro area, Higuera Law is a source of support for many people seeking asylum and other immigration solutions. Some are in Southern California already. Others are waiting for help at the border between Tijuana and San Isidro. Wherever you are, Higuera Law can provide support.
Establish Your Eligibility For Asylum
You may qualify for asylum in the U.S. because you have been persecuted or have credible fears of persecution in your home country because of your:
- Race, nationality or religion
- Political opinion or membership in a particular social group
Mrs. Higuera has been helping asylum applicants for almost a decade. With her deep knowledge of asylum and deportation defense, she can help you prove your eligibility for asylum.
Seek Legal Status Through Asylum Or As An Evacuee Or Refugee
Normally, you may apply for asylum in the United States at a border entry point or within a year of arriving in the U.S. Possible routes for obtaining legal status may include the following:
- You may have arrived in the U.S. on a student, tourist or family visa. Now, because of events in your native country, you need asylum.
- You may have been detained for being in the U.S. without documentation. You now hope for the chance to argue for asylum.
- You may have been previously stopped at the U.S. border through the Trump administration’s “Remain in Mexico” policy. You may be eligible to apply for asylum at the border again.
- You may have arrived in the U.S. as an evacuee and need to apply for asylum.
- You may have entered the U.S. with refugee status and now need help to apply for a green card.
In any of these circumstances, an attorney can help you apply for asylum for political or humanitarian reasons or seek another appropriate legal status. Mrs. Higuera can also help with appeals.
An Immigration Lawyer On Your Side
Mrs. Higuera can act quickly on your behalf. With her help, you can prepare to testify persuasively in an asylum hearing or in an immigration court. She will help you explore deportation defense strategies if necessary.